Friday, September 17, 2004

 

Physic Practical Prelim - Screw up

As physic is one of the subject which i think i should be exceling in, screwing it up is a real bad idea. Howver, i did what the bad idea wants me to do and indeed screw the practical up. I'm now suffering from immense bad dreams as a result of bad ideas and insufficent sleep as a result of the bad dreams which is the result of the bad ideas. Therefore, i'm currently not in a good physical and mental state. However, using the last inch of sanity in me, i wrote the following recount of the physic practical:


Hardy have enough time to finish the physic practical. I think i'm dead. When doing the pendulum experiment happily, my pendulum suddenly went for a dive and kiss the floor. I was extremely panicky then. Luckily i manage to finish filling in the table before time is up.

My value of g is (i've forgotten), which is quite far from the A level standard value of 9.81, and is even further from the O level value of 10. Unable to fit a -0.4 to 1.0 for the y axis into a 12 *2cm graph paper without using weird scale or using half the paper. So no matter, what, 1 mark is gone. I foolishly plotted 0 to 1.0 and discover that one question ask me to get a "x" value from the graph, which is between -0.4 to 0. By then, i have no time to redo. At least 2 marks gone!

For the electricity question (Using a bare wire as smth like a rheostate) I have no idea what is calibration curve(no idea how to spell too). I ended up with a threatening looking straight line, threatening the removal of more marks. For the extension question, i got really nervous as i only have 10mins to go and my question one is still incomplete(graph not drawn, and sub questions not attempted. Only table is plotted) so i really couldn't understand it at all. In the end.. just try to use my sixth sense- common sense and try to find some sense in the question. Well, i found some. However, i did not think i answer correctly too. Haiz.

Overall, i think i fared badly for physic practical. Urgh... I looked through all the previous pracs and pay special attentions to the precaution taken for different kind of experiement. No qn asking me about what precaution i took came out. Argh!!!


Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]