Thursday, July 14, 2005

 

Groans on HC life

Haha...as i knew it, i wont end up mugging for the Physics Independent Learning Quiz, even though it has been postponed to tommorow. And because i decided that i am not in a mood to study and I have nothing to do anyway, i decided to post something on this blog again. Forgive me for the lack of content, or if i am posting on trivial matters.

ILQ accounts for 5% of the total physics promo marks, and if you mug you will get around 4/5. If you dont you will probably end up with 2%, which means that you just need 3 more marks in your promo exams to make up for it. Of course there are other factors such as "mum will murder you", "teacher decides to put you in remedial class" and "desire to show that you are better than the other/s", but after a not-so eventful week (or term, you may say) all these issues no longer are seen to be pertaining to me.

Especially today, when the apparantly "one of the best econs department in S'pore" decided to reduce the weightage of the econs essay component, in an attempt to improve the score of the cohort. I understand that cases like mine, where the essay marks pull up the MCQ and DRQ, are virtually non-existant. But it is quite hard to swallow when my 75 ended up with a 73, and suddenly i am not so good in econs after all. Not only did i have to cope with the disapointment, but it irks me to think more muggers would have scored better after this change (an evil thought, i know). Afterall it is a subject that i take pride in, which i see my future in. I've never imagined myself to be so affected by this block test which i decided to heck, but i'm sure i would have been less bitter if i scored a B outright instead.

The class bench has become more volatile a place nowadays. Definitely not my favourite hanging spot. Twice, a person has walked off me this week, and for infinite times the person has ignored my presence. It is quite surprising that i managed to feel no guilt, just a bit awkward, but that is because i have speculated it will eventually ended up this way since i know that person. They say we should never judge a book by its cover but for the umpteenth time i have proven this notion wrong. Of course, i have made my fair share of misjudgements, like how i misjudged HC, misjudged three-four, and misjudged myself. Misjudging the things that matter most.

Besides that person there are more people which i am not looking forward to seeing in the class bench, and i shall not elaborate on that. Today and last Tuesday improved my perceptions of that bench slightly, but the general attitude remains the same.

Last Tuesday a senior from 01s34 visited the class bench while the rest of the people are in chemistry practical, leaving me alone there. He was aggresively atheletic, 1.8m tall with muscular bulging biceps which are extremely well-toned and a "commando-like" face. But contrary to his looks he was quite conversable with and within a short while i learnt that he was ex-CHS doing his final year in Imperial College now, and he still perceive life in HC as highly enjoyable. I was quite shocked to hear that, but from hindsight, i probably should have realised that life would have been so much better in three-four if there are more people like him around.

Well, this morning my seniors were quite nice to me, my angel Rose in particular, and for a while i thought they have made my day. We've had quite a good chat. Of course, after trading several letters she should have known me quite well, and she asked me a question which left me stumped. Not many questions can have this effect, considering my forthcoming nature, unless they are FM questions. If you are wondering what the question is now, nope, i shall not reveal it.

Will be going through a heck of a monotonous day tommorow. Makes me feel sad that i have to skip Mrs. Koo's retirement celebration for harmoc practice, but tommorow's practice is extremely important. My decision could have gone the other way if i werent the VP, but there again i am and there isnt much point rambling on anymore.

Still find it harder to type than to pen down my thoughts. Typing gives me too much room to edit i have written, making the content superficial, and eventually my real thoughts are buried within instead. Guess this just needs more practice...

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]