Wednesday, October 05, 2005

 

Of writing

From my point of view, pen to paper is definitely better than finger to keyboard. The latter sounds bizzare to begin with, as if it was overly contrived. Perhaps it has to do with the advent of technology; a generation ago the expression of idea via typing would have been completely alien. Typewriters were, not long ago, a fine technology reserved only for official documents.

It all depends on the point of writing isnt it? Writing is, in my perspective, not a mode of communication as others would have believed. Instinctively, our earliest ancestors learnt how to express themselves verbally in the very beginning. Writing came much later, and was initially useful only for recording places, i.e. carving symbols on a tree to keep track of where they have visited in say, a large rainforest. Recording remains to this date, the main purpose of writing. In such a case it would have made sense for the inscription to survive for as long as possible. One , for instance, etch an event in his mind so that he can remember it for the rest of his life. Alternatively, he may choose to pen it on a piece of paper. However in typing he contradicts his intent for the life a hard disk is limited.

But then since i am already blogging, as i havent had much choice about it since my pen ran out of ink and there isnt possibly a book store opening at this time, i should stop rambling and try to get the goddamn thoughts that have been floating within me out of my head.

There are nights when solitude in your room is completely insufficient. On those night you will have been better off elsewhere, such as sitting on the bench of a park and writing under the streetlamps. Tonight is one of the night where i have to resist such temptations. I was tempted, on this occasion, to travel on the last bus to town, something which i havent practiced for quite a while. I would have been alone without a destination to travel to. Yet it wont have mattered since i would have been in total oblivion, in touch with only my soul. Of course, I would have been jolted to reality by the driver when the route terminates. Since that would have had been the bus of no return i would have been trapped. But to be in a foreign land with your soul intact, that would have been the desired outcome of the trip. Isnt it?

To perceive the grass as being greener on the other side, only to find it of a different yet as sourish taste, isnt such experiences all too familiar?



PS: (On another note)
Weikiat, dont give up on maths. Still got hope of keeping four sub. Can make it one =)

I became a trend setter by being the first to leave the exam hall for clao with 45 minutes from time. Heard that many followed my example of leaving. Rocks!

I have forgotton tense analysis i learnt quite some time ago so forgive me if there are mistakes, especially on the Future in the Past (i tink). I may have made mistakes throughout the last paragraph do inform me if there is. I still want my grammer.

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]