Wednesday, December 14, 2005

 

Silver Sweetheart Strike Gundam

Today my dear bought for me a strike gundam 1/144 scale modeling kit. Its a very cheap model, but its the thought that count. I love it fantastically. Upon reaching home, i immediately ripped open the plastic wrapper and open the box to get a peek at its content. Being a cheap low-end model, the difficulty of assembling it is insignifcant. The only setback is that there are various patches where the model needs to be painted in order to look like the actual Strike Gundam, as the plastic did not come in all the colours. The direct consequence of this is that the model looked rather plain and dull right out of the box. I'll have to use some markers to colour certain parts.


Can throw away. Plastic leftover.

The parts

My tamiya paint. Metallic silver.

The parts i'm going to paint

"Broken" arms and limps

The coloured components that i'm not going to paint.

Injured the area btw my thumb and the nail while prying something open. Its bleeding.

Incomplete torso
White is still too boring a colour for me, as almost the entire body is white in colour. So i decided to spray paint it all silver. I'm not good at spray painting. This is the second time i'm doing it.


The legs drying...

Was painting it at my corridor, and it was extremely windy, so the slippers offered their help.

And so, the completed model. Do note that it may look plain because there are still many parts to colour on by using special markers.


The full model, under bright light

Bo liao pose in poor lighting

Slacky pose under poor light

Shiny legs!

Thank you my dear for my christmas present!

Since its from my dear and since its the only strike gundam to be silver in colour, i shall call it,

Silver Sweetheart Strike Gundam!

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]