Monday, March 13, 2006

 

Dot

I havent't start doing any homework yet, but i would like to blog.

Today when i was looking through my hotmail inbox, i stumbled across an email from a girl who had been kind enough to provide me free web hosting all this time. Unfortunately, maybe because of the growing popularity of my website or whatever, she needs more brandwidth for herself and hence was unable to host for me any longer. 2 more weeks, and thecomputer.inoru.net, along with its software will be gone.

I've begin looking for a solution, such as purchasing a web hosting plan myself. However, my father, a fierce rebel to the use of credit card, didn't own an mean of doing payment online. He had also somehow grown to distrust online monentary transfer even though he had never done it before, while the rest of singapore are increasingly embracing the idea. Mr Roger, the kind techie would help me on this, but i would be better not to trouble him.

There are also some web hosting companies in Singapore, however the rate they charge as compared to those foreign companies are high, while the features they provide are miserable. Talk about superioty in singapore's IT reign. Singaporeans are currently very excited over interactive tv, which came out more than 5 years ago and also the high speed network the government is building, which people from other country takes for granted.

Anyway, over dinner i asked my dad to sponsor me $200, but he rejected even before i have a chance to explain to him what it is for. Even if he asked, how do you justify and explain purchasing of an online website, when the media has brainwashed them sch that they felt blogging is bad can you can get arrested if you blog.

What is troubling me is what will become of my website. Having owned a website for more than 5 years, i've grown attached to owning a website for myself and would hate to see it go down.

In the past, my website was hosted on a web space provided by The Chinese High School. In fact, chs provided access to a private local drive and also an ftp account for every student. When i graduated, my account graduated from me, leaving me website-less for a couple months, before i met with the girl who was so kind to provide me free web hosting from then until now. Well, i'm on my own now.

What will the future hold?

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]