Friday, July 28, 2006

 

Time wasted

Lesson ended today at 11+am. And there is a maths test at 5pm. Not only did the badly timed maths test disrupted by physics revision schedule, the time from lesson end up till the test cannot be taken full advantage of. This is because of the lack of comfortable and conducive environment in AJC for studying. I intended to go to the library, but it was crowded and noisy beyond words. Besides, I'm with my laptop, and the last time I checked, AJC library does not allow students to bring their laptop into the library. And i'll be mad to leave my laptop outside the library unattended. So I had to go to the reading room, the only other indoor place for studying in AJC. The outdoor locations were all too hot.

But it is weird, that most AJCians simply do not understand the meaning of a reading room. As the name implies, reading room is a place for reading or studying, which implies silence and conducive studying environment. However, the converse is true. Although AJC has a student lounge, many still chosed to use the reading room as their ultimate slacking place, chit chatting loudly, playing sounds from their lousy handphone speakers and other self-fish acts which made the room a totally hopeless place to study. No doubt, I'll fail my test again, and without doubt, my revision schedule was shot to pieces by the school admin again.

In chinese, we have a phrase for such things. "Effort doubled but result halved." A very fitting description.

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]