Friday, August 25, 2006

 

AJC Facilities

Went to http://0705student.blogspot.com/2006/08/correction.html just now.

They are talking about how the facilities page on AJC website did not reflect the truth. Here, at Wei Kiat's Blog, I believe in truth and I shall let you all have it.

Click here to see the AJC school facilities page

Classrooms with LAN points, visualisers & LCD projectors

The principal recently announced that they are trying to get a visualiser for each classroom by the end of THIS year. So where are the visualisers the school website is talking about? Only some classrooms has visualisers. On the other hand, all classrooms are still using those old fashion transparency projectors. It was not mentioned on the school website.

Science laboratories with life science equipment

I seriously think the description of "life science" equipment is vague. The closest things I've seen that are related to "life" after walking and looking into all the science labs in school are those electrical "Mozzie traps". On the other hand, as a physics student, I've always been plagued by unstable and rusty retort stands and clamps, making it hard to do any experiment accurately.


6 computer laboratories

Lets see. Room 1312, 1322, 1321, 213, 212 are computer rooms. Thats 5. There is also an additional room, 211, that only contains around 10 computers.

800-seater auditorium with AV room

On top of those proper auditorum seats, there were actually 2 rows of classroom chairs hidden at the back, to allow for more seating capacity and less walking space at the back. Also, those classroom chairs are not elevated, and students sitting there are blocked and cannot see the stage at all.

Study benches located strategically

Nothing much to say about this, except that the benches are mostly scattered about the school where there are space: outside toilet, outside auditorum, etc

Library & media resource centre housing a rich variety of materials & PCs

I don't remember seeing a "media resource center". Also, there are very few fiction books in the library. Most are just dictionaries, textbooks and reference books. Is that variety?

Wireless network at selected locations within college

I tried a few times, but my laptop still couldn't connect to the wlan.

Weight room

When were the weights purchased? All the handles are extremely rusty. Is there plan to replace them with new ones? I see none, despite students bringing out the issue many times since when I first joined AJC.


Dance studio & special rooms for various CCAs

Truth is, those rooms are only big enough to store equipments, and not to hold the CCA session inside. Some CCAs do not have a room. AJC website make it seems as if all CCAs has their own room. Maybe change this to "Special storerooms for some CCAs"?

College messaging system for enhanced communication

I don't see any example of this. Announcements are made daily by studens and VP Tay during morning assemblies. Is that enhanced communication? In Chinese High, we have an electronic message board system, making all morning announcements obselete. And we never talk about "enhanced communication".

Camera surveillance system for better security

The OM recently shifted the camera in my class to point only at the box where the air-cons remotes are kept. What security? Enough said.

There you have it. The truth in AJC.

Comments:
We must always remember this fact: This is AJC, not other school.

This is just uniquely AJ.
 
Hello Everybody,
My name is Mrs Sharon Sim. I live in Singapore and i am a happy woman today? and i told my self that any lender that rescue my family from our poor situation, i will refer any person that is looking for loan to him, he gave me happiness to me and my family, i was in need of a loan of S$250,000.00 to start my life all over as i am a single mother with 3 kids I met this honest and GOD fearing man loan lender that help me with a loan of S$250,000.00 SG. Dollar, he is a GOD fearing man, if you are in need of loan and you will pay back the loan please contact him tell him that is Mrs Sharon, that refer you to him. contact Dr Purva Pius,via email:(urgentloan22@gmail.com) Thank you.
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]