Wednesday, September 27, 2006

 

The Elvin

The Elvin in my class, whom I also lovingly refers to as the "harddrive" struck a particular nerve in me today that made me extremely unhappy with him. For example, while I was napping at the back of the classroom during Maths tutorial, he woke me up just to ask me what is my grade for paper 2. Couldn't he have at least waited until I'm awake? And anyone who knows me will know that Maths is currently my weakest subject, and waking me from my sweet dreams to remind me of my nightmare don't exactly help to create a positive impression of him on me this morning.

Ignoring him, I took our my GBA which I am currently using to read the ebook "The World is Flat", and he started saying things like, "Why use GBA? Why not buy PSP. The screen bigger mah! Nicer!" Although I know that Papa harddrive drives a branded vehicle and wears tuxedo to work, elvin the harddrive should not attempt to assume others are as rich as him. This boils down to one of my reasons for calling him a harddrive: He lives in his own casing.

So I replied, "This one screen also big enough!" and he questioned me about the number of colours GBA screen can display. And just for the record, GBA graphics is limited by its processing power, not its screen. I told him that GBA even has a TV Tuner, that allows you to watch TV on the GBA. He queried if the screen is black and white, and won't TV be pixelated on such a small screen? First time I've heard of a black and white GBA screen, or that a higher resolution image when displayed at a lower resolution will cause pixelation.

I had it. I yelled, "Elvin! I know you have no brains! But can you please try to make use of it before saying stupid things?"

Whole day today, like the constant tick of a grandfather clock, he bugged me about my results, and at the same time hao lian his. He is viewing me as his academic rival. What better rival for a mugger like him to chose, than Tay Wei Kiat who is more well-known for his ability to slack than his The Wicked, and also his terrible misfortune of having a terrible diarrhea that lasted the entire first week of prelims which deprives him of his sleep totally. Elvin has got no guts. I still trashed him in everything other than maths neverthless.

For computing, he scored 63.6%, which is 0.5% more than me, the supposely computer expert. As I had explained earlier, I screwed up my paper one by getting 59/120 due to my bad diarrhea, lack of study and sleep. I reclaimed my terrible grade by Paper 2 when I had recovered from my ordeal partially, and claimed an 80% by just studying for 2 hours. Elvin, on the other hand, studied extensively for more than one week for computing alone. I have no idea what he is trying to be hao lian about. His inability to learn?

Mr Kho even decided to not include the coursework grades into the Prelim final grades, so that I will not get an A for computing without studying for paper 1 and being sick throughout. Since my coursework is lightyears better than his, I thrashed him completely overall.

He even tried to hao lian the fact that he lost to Kai Yang, another computing pro by 1 mark, not taking into account that Kai Yang never really studied for Paper 2 while Elvin spent weeks studying for it.

Lets turn and look at physics. According to Elvin, he got 30+ for MCQ and 40 for Paper 2. Thats not bad for a harddrive. Considering that he is as mug or even more mug than the rest of my classmates, that is really a miracle for him to score so low. And he still kept bragging about the fact that he may be getting C for physics. On the other hand, I only touch physics once last year, and once this year. Those who knows me will know I am the exact opposite of Elvin. And due to my diarrhea, I badly screwed up my MCQ, getting only 38 because of 7 careless mistakes! There are only 4 questions I seriously have no idea how to do. For paper 2 I was able to compose myself better and score a 53/90, which is quite an achievement. I don't go around mentioning this feat to anyone other than a few closer classmates. And elvin? Advertising his grades to the whole world to bring joy and laughter to the world by giving the world something to laugh at.

KNNCCB. Return to your casing, Elvin. Life is better there.

Comments:
The hardrive indeed has showed some valueaddedness in his results. However, in this school, it is typical we see such people. They believed mugging is the way to go. They also remembered the school motto NMS in the wrong aspect. To them, NMS means to show concern for other people's results.
 
thanks zhuomin.

LOL
 
just scrape the drive....
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]