Tuesday, October 24, 2006

 

Today is Public Holiday

Today is Public Holiday. But to me and others who are similarly studying for A Levels, it is another day of extreme boredom. I only bothered to take 3 subjects, so for these two months I'm either doing physics, computing or chemistry. Even when it comes to playing games, keep playing the same 3 games for two months also sian la!

I shall also bring attention to the blog belonging to my beloved classmate, Elvin.
http://gohhye.blogspot.com/

I know he blogs like a girl, and a tad illogically, but just put up with it, yeah?

Yesterday James sent me the introduction paragraph for the GP Essay: Food has become a health hazard. Discuss.

His introduction goes something like this:

Human needs food to survive. Indeed, food affect humans directly. Therefore, scientist had began researching in the field of food science. However, this problem is intensified by pollution and global warming. "Food has become a health hazard." Indeed this statement is true to a large extend. However, this is debatable due to the increased in interest in organic food.


The above is NOT a direct quotation of what he wrote. I only took out his key ideas (and the abrupt change of it) and cut away with the flowery words.

I haven't written anything for long, so I offered to make some modifications.

To us, food had moved beyond being just a necessity. There is a popular Chinese saying, “You are what you eat”. Indeed, it was scientifically proven that we are directed affected by the food we consume. Yet, most food suppliers, in order to harvest large profit had inevitably substituted many the ingredients with artificial ones, and added chemical preservatives to prolong shelf-life. These artificial ingredients and chemical preservative often have side effects that has adverse impact our health. Added to this, is the flooding of genetically modified food into the market. The consequences of consuming such food had not yet been fully comprehended. Pollution also contaminates our food sources. ‘Food has become a health hazard.’ Indeed, to a large extend, this statement is true. However, with the public gradually waking to the notion organic health food, the above statement may be debatable.


Not the best introduction, but with my vocabulary less extensive than James and those fellow visitors commenting on the Shu Min issue on my blog, this is the best I can manage.

Cheers to another day of mugging.

After all, this is the second week I mug in two years.

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]