Wednesday, November 29, 2006

 

0205 Chalet 2006: Crazy Taxi!

When to Changi Village to witness whose who had rebelled against nature and to glaze the beautiful stars blinking in the cloudless sky at around 1am. When we want to go back to the chalet at 3am, we splitted ourselves into small groups and took taxi back.



A taxi arrived at the opposite road, following path indicated by the red arrow, stopping at all the points indicated by the blue circles where there are people flagging for taxi. My position was at the blue circle with an inner yellow circle. The destination for people waiting at each of the spots were written in green. This information was later gathered from the taxi driver during our journey, after he rejected 2 groups of people going to the same destination as us, after we begged and argued with him. How come taxi drivers chose their customers like a patrons at a buffet?

We hoped on his taxi, and although had the lowest fee ($7.35 when it was $4.90 during off-peak hours) among my friends who had taxi drivers crawling at 60kmh on an empty road, my taxi driver reminded me of the game I played, Crazy Taxi. After properly fastening my seatbelt, he shot off at an average of 110kmh throughout the entire journey, dropping only to 90kmh for turns and 80kmh when a police patrol car was spotted. Because of the high speed and inertia when changing direction, my seatbelt locked a few times to prevent me from hitting my head against the window. There was also this hump on the road which escaped his detection, and rocketing at 110kmh over a hump gave me the general impression that the taxi had lost all its wheel for a fraction of a second.

Luckily, we arrived safely at Downtown East, and the Crazy Taxi shot off into the night.

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]