Tuesday, November 21, 2006

 

JC Life Part 5: Three Months of Illusion

Orientation ended, and we were being separated from our orientation friends with whom we had bonded closely over a period of 5 days. Unlike most other Junior Colleges that re-shuffle your orientation group so that you will be able to bond with your classmates after the first few days of orientation, Anderson Junior College decided to just let us bond closely with our orientation mate, then separate us terribly over the first week end.

Then, bonding need to start all over again, with your real classmates.

Being rather ambitious and due to my top notched maths results in The Chinese High School, my subject of choice were Further Maths, Maths, Physics and Computing. Lessons during the first three months were fun.

During Further Maths tutorials, I had fun copying homework from a particular girl, Chan Si Hui in my class, who would later go on to become my first and only girlfriend. During Further Maths lectures, I had fun sleeping to the droning voice of the lecturer, Mr Andy Quek.

Physics was wonderful. Lectures made by most of the lecturers really boasted your confidence that your physics are better than them. Tutorial by Mr Patrick Lim, one of the most remarkable teacher with unique personality was exciting and never boring.

Computing was a case of super poor planning on Anderson Junior College's part. There was no cure difference between lectures and tutorials, and there were three teachers looking after seven Computing students!

General Paper was the best of all. Every General Paper session were literally movie watching sessions. I love it most.

What I found out later was that the general order passed down from the top of the Anderson Junior College to the teachers was that, due to the high turnover rate (estimated 50% of students in Anderson Junior College for the first three months will leave), teachers were not to seriously impart any form of knowledge to the students. The justification for this was "No point spending time and resources on students who will leave Anderson after the first three months".

I joined cXtreme, a dying Computer Club with zero female member, with the intention of bringing the CCA to new heights by running for its presidential election. I found it amazing that computer related skills was one the lousiest in EC3, The Chinese High School's computer interest club, but I became the top in Anderson Junior College. The lack in standard motivated me to improve the CCA.

All was going on well in Anderson Junior College, with nothing to hate and nothing to love about it. So when my Olevel results was released, and discovering that I lack 1 point to get into Hwa Chong Insitution, I stupidly wrote down Anderson Junior College as my college of choice, and I am officially reposted to Anderson Junior College, for the one year and seven months that followed.

And that very gesture of pressing the submit button on my computer screen, signified the end of illusion put into place carefully by Anderson Junior College.


Comments:
stop whining.so wat if u were frm hwa chong?they dun teach ppl to whine all day do they?
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]