Monday, December 18, 2006

 

Excitement

Oh, guess my excitement when i received the following email:

Hi Weikiat

I am just someone enjoy reading your blog.  If you don't mind, may I send you shopping voucher for your Picoo-Z as a X'mas present.

Warmest regards
XX

P.S. Please give me your postal address so that I could courier it to you if you do not mind.

Yeah! Finally get to own my own Picoo-Z soon. Had always been interested in miniature RCs, bought Bit Char-G (very small r/c cars), Sliverlit Twin-X (small cheap r/c plane) and now am getting a helicopter!

Whee!

PicooZ and Twin-X are both made by Silverit, and i suspect contain very similar electronics. Both retail for the same price.

My Twin-X is just too much of a hassle to fly. My HDB house is too small, and when I flew it outdoor, its light body and the typical wind blew the plane all over the place, making steering obsolete. It almost crash onto the LRT track and also got stuck on a small tree (I spent half an hour to shake it down, almost in desperation).

Now a generous reader is giving me a PicooZ for Christmas! Have done tonnes of research, and it is really suitable for indoor flight (provided the fan is not on) and being a helicopter, you don't really need alot of room to fly it in.

Went over to http://www.rcgroups.com/forums to do some research on my christmas present, and discovered that it is as rare as gem in countries like the USA because of very high demand. It retail for USD30 to 50 there too! Us Singaporeans are getting a wonderful bargain at $39.90 and stock are plentiful!

Also, Alex on that forum claims to be the guy who actually designed PicooZ. While I'm not sure about that, he certainly did make lots of tutorials teaching people how to improve the performance of their helis. Shall try them out when I get mine.

Let me end of this post by thanking the person (who declined to be named) for her generosity. All can look forward to photos of my PicooZ when I do get it!


Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]