Saturday, December 23, 2006

 

Ok! You! Go wash!

We were having lunch. Having lunch around the coffee table, while my TV addict family members enjoy their TV show. Smiling, laughing, making pointless comments about the show when the actors or hosts on the show couldn't even hear them.

I never even bother to glance up. I ate and ate.

Father finished his food, and there sat his empty bowl on the table, while he leaned back to enjoy the show, wearing a silly grin on his face.

A sudden burst of laughter burst out from around me. My sister laughed and slap her thighs. Mother gave that weird sounding laughter of hers.

Soon, she finished her food, and pushed her empty bowl to where father's empty bowl sat. "Wash, she said."

Father made no response as he continue gluing his eyes to the goggle box.

I finished my food. I seized the opportunity and pushed my empty bowl to beside father's. "Thank you," I said.

Mother and father turned around and glared at me. "OK! YOU! GO WASH!" they exclaimed, seemingly able to read each others' mind.

Walao.

An hour later, sister exclaimed, "Papa help me buy tissue!"

Father promptly went to the shop and got it for her.

Sigh.

Comments:
Good for you - cannot be lazy. Whats the problem a son washing the bowls for the parents? Father has to work his guts out to earn money outside to bring home to support you and get you the education to know how to think like an educated person should. Mother does all the houseworks and cooks the food for you to eat. Yet you are still grumbling and sighing. What do you expect? Become a king and be served by your parents and everyone else? Go become a mafia king better. Merry Christmas.
 
You are missing the point in the entry.

It is about favourablism (how to spell?) shown by parents.

Merry Christmas.
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]