Thursday, January 04, 2007

 

Random points

An 18 year old indian working at Mango at Shaw along orchard road approached my girlfriend, "Are you from Anderson Junior College? Can you buy for me a set of the uniform? I find the uniform very cool! Fun to wear it out to places like orchard instead of normal clothes. I loved the school very much." It was later discovered that that indian was unable to make it to AJC, and fortunately ended up in a Polytechnic. But this example shows how misled the public are regarding AJC. Also, what is the kind of caliber that AJC attracts?

I was alighting from the LRT carrying my laptop and on my way home from my office when I saw one of my primary school classmate, still cladded in AJC school uniform. I was about to approach her, but I guess the shame of being seen in an AJC uniform for a third year in her life is too much to bear. I chosed to ignore her.

My sister told me she want to hi-light her hair. I told her she will get caught by her Disciplinary Master. She told me that she won't because hi-lighting is barely noticeable. Then I asked her if it is not noticeable, why spend the time and money hi-lighting?

My parents kept asking me to get a job to earn pocket money, while refusing to give me pocket money. I finally got one as a co-founder of a new marketing company, funded by IDA. They ended up having to give me pocket money because I need money to eat during my job. Also, the high adult transport fare in Singapore isn't helping either.

The SMRT capacity in Singapore is directly proportional to the amount of armpits you have to smell during rush hours. SMRT provides more capacity by removing seats, and adding standing areas so that an average working adult spend around $3~4 per day standing and smelling (more of) each others' armpits for approximately 45minutes. Perhaps this is why Singapore is labeled food paradise. The market for nice smelling stuffs (i.e. nice food) is huge.

The government, and in particular, our honorable PM mentioned that blogs are inferior as compared to mainstream media. Yet, our mainstream media keeps coming out with blog related projects: www.stomp.com.sg, www.blogtv.sg, etc. Here we see a case of a superior (mainstream media) entity copying an inferior (blogs) one. Perhaps the most sane question should be, which is really better than which?

There is a price to pay for freedom in Singapore. That price comes in the form of adult transport fee when you finally graduated from being a student.

Blogging has become one of the best way people can vent their thoughts and enjoy limited freedom of speech. Blogs are also one of the best way police can use to catch you if you happen to dislike MM or PM Lee, or the indian upstairs who owns two huge dogs that enjoy pooping on your front door. (PS: I don't dislike PM and MM, and the two huge dogs belonging to the indians upstairs don't come and poop on my front door.)

The best food can often be found in old hawker centres. But if the food is so great, the vendor would have earnt enough to start his or her own restaurant. Why still remain in old hawker centres, playing hide and seek with rats and other hungry creatures? Rats are their pets?

People like to buy imitations or pirates of items they like in order to save money. Then they exploded and make lots of fuss when the actual company that came up with the item went bankrupt due to poor sales.

Malaysians queue at the doors of their LRT train; Singaporeans just scatter themselves randomly around the doors of SMRT trains.

Despite all that education, Singaporeans have one of the lowest level of physics knowledge in the world. They would always squeeze into lifts or SMRT trains without letting people inside come out first. Singaporeans do not know that in order to fit themselves into the train, they have to let something come out first. Singaporeans also assume that space is always there, despite the fact that it isn't.

There is something creepy about the back of public buses in Singapore, especially during peak hours. The bus driver always had to yell in order to force people to dispel their fear and move to the back.

NS is a waste of time. Saying that NS is a waste of time is an even more waste of time.

Many uneducated Ah Sohs nowadays are carrying top of the line handphones with tonnes of features, while the only thing they know is how to make a phone call. Getting a phone with tonnes of features they never use or will never even comprehend serves a very good purpose. They can boast about the high price of their handphones infront of other equally uneducated Ah Sohs. A poor educated IT-conscious student like me had to use phones like 3310, 3100 and 7260.

Creative Technologies tried to gain more sales by dropping prices on their product. It made their product so cheapskate that people prefer overpriced china mp3s than Creative's cheap ones.

Creative Technologies sell things very cheaply. I bought their EP630 for a cheap price of $69 last year, and they sell it for a cheap price of $35 now. Can I say, damn you, Creative?

People like whirl strongly resent what I write on my blog. And it is people like whirl who visit my blog most frequently.

Mr Hon, the Principle of The Chinese High School once said that choosing a girlfriend is like shopping for a television at the store. You don't just take the first set (displayed on the store front). You have to walk in and see all the different models and sizes and make your pick. However, I prefer to take the one at the store front. A television set has to be absolutely good in order to make it worth displaying on the store front by the store owner.

Irony is defined by the Head of General Paper Department at AJC as "something is expected to happen, but something else happened instead". Now that, is an irony by itself. (However, if you know what to expect about the competence level of the Head of General Paper Department at AJC, the previous sentence won't be valid.)


Comments:
MDA, not IDA. And HonCW apologised for that remark (which you have left out).
 
its IDA.

Yep I know HonCW apologized for it. Many female staff members were unhappy.
 
Hahaha~
I get your "upstair Indian" joke, very creative and funnie~
 
Its MDA. IDA wont' fund this kind of stuff. Its unrelated to technology.
http://www.mda.gov.sg/
 
?

There is really an indian family upstairs with two huge dogs, and they always bring the dog to the stairs landing between my level and theirs, in order to bath/torture/kill/molest their dogs. The whole stairs landing stinks now (because of their dogs, not them), and I have to bear with the terrible barking when their dogs bath/torture/kill/molest.
 
Its digital media.

U mean digital media != technology.

Ok. No pt arguing. I know you like to.
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]